I love boozy cocktails. The Eastern Standard is a nice depature from the pure-alcohol ones I usually tend to order. With the cucumber, mint and lime, it's a fresh cocktail that must be served cold.
- 3 thick slices of cucumber
- 3 mint leaves
- 50ml dry gin (I like No.3 London Dry Gin)
- 12.5ml lime juice
- 10ml sugar syrup
- Muddle the cucumber and mint
- Add the remaining ingredients
- Shake with ice and strain into a coupe glass (strain through a fine sieve if you don't want fragments of mint in the finished drink)
You can replace the gin in this recipe for vodka, if you prefer a cleaner, less botanical, taste.
The Eastern Standard is one of Soho House's house tonics.